Friday 11 January 2013

Top Directors Turn Down Disney Star Wars

Guillermo Del Toro, the director behind “Pacific Rim,” revealed that someone called him to gauge his interest in directing the first movie in the Disney Star Wars Trilogy, shortly after the Disney purchased Lucasfilm.

Del Toro approached to direct Star Wars
And that he politely declined.

“We got one phone call to my agent saying, 'Is Guillermo interested?” the director told IndieWire.com. “And basically I have so much stuff already of my own, and I'm pursuing stuff that I'm generating already.

“It was just a phone call, it didn't go past that, it was very nice to be asked, but believe it or not, I'm busy enough." J.J. Abrams, the man behind the acclaimed Lost TV series, recently told Empire magazine that he, too, was approached.

J. J. Abrams was also approached
"I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them," Abrams told Empire.

Steven Spielberg has also reportedly declined to follow in the footsteps of his good friend, Star Wars creator George Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment